How do you use rain as an adjective?
adjective, rain·i·er, rain·i·est.
- characterized by rain: rainy weather; a rainy region.
- wet with rain: rainy streets.
- bringing rain: rainy clouds.
Is rain an adjective or noun?
As detailed above, ‘rain’ can be a noun or a verb. Noun usage: We’ve been having a lot of rain lately. Noun usage: The rains came late that year.
How do you use the word rain in a sentence?
Rain sentence example
- The rain on the roof was soothing. …
- The rain seems less heavy. …
- The rain drummed wildly on the roof. …
- Why does the rain fall? …
- A single gentle rain makes the grass many shades greener. …
- The meat was meant for outdoor grilling, but the rain kept us inside.
Is Wet an adjective?
wet (adjective) wet (verb) wet (noun) … bed–wetting (noun)
What is a adverb for rain?
rainily. In a rainy way.
Which adjectives have been used in the poem rain in summer to describe the rain?
Heavy, rain, wet and cold are the adjectives used in the poem to describe the rain.
Is rain a correct word?
All the three words rainfall/rains/rain are actually synonyms. Notice that in British English the rains refers to the season when there are heavy rainfalls. As per definition, rain is water that falls from the sky. Thus, if you see water falling from the sky, you can refer to it as rain.
Is rain masculine or feminine?
They identified two types of rain. Male-Rain, with thunder and lightning, strikes hard on the Earth and washes away; Female-Rain, falls in a gentle shower, soaking the soil.
How do you use heavy rain in a sentence?
The building collapsed as an indirect result of the heavy rain and storms.
- The heavy rain might settle the changeable weather.
- Lake Erie is filling with the heavy rain.
- After a heavy rain, the country roads were souped.
- The heavy rain was the cause of the flood.
- The heavy rain showed no signs of slackening off.
What is a good sentence for rainy?
(1) Last week was very rainy. (2) Rainy days get me down. (3) I feel blue on rainy days. (4) In the rainy season the roads become a quagmire.
What do you use in the rain?
Rainy Day Trips: 10 Things You Should Always Have Other Than An Umbrella
- Rain jacket and trench coat. …
- Leather, rubber or vinyl footwear. …
- Quick-dry clothing. …
- Small towels and tissues. …
- Ziplocks, dry sacks and other waterproof covers. …
- Portable lighting. …
- Mosquito repellent. …
- Power bank.