How do you protect outdoor pets in cold weather?
If your dog is outdoors much of the day for any reason, they must be protected by a dry, draft-free shelter that is large enough to allow them to move comfortably, but small enough to hold in body heat. The floor should be raised a few inches from the ground and covered with cedar shavings or straw.
How do you keep animals warm outside?
Insulation like hay or blankets is also key and will help keep animals lifted off the cold ground. “We put out plenty of hay, try to make sure they have plenty of bedding just so they can stay warm, but it’s definitely a challenge,” Hood said.
How can we keep animals safe?
Some simple things you can do to help wildlife are:
- Always keep dogs on a leash. …
- Keep your cats indoors. …
- Put decals on your windows during migratory season. …
- Do not litter. …
- Stick to the official trails when walking in Parks. …
- Enjoy wildlife from a distance. …
- Do not catch and remove animals from their homes.
How do you keep your pets comfortable in the winter?
Help your pets remain happy and healthy during the colder months by following these simple guidelines:
- Keep Pets Indoors and Warm.
- Take Precautions if Your Dog Spends a lot of Time Outside.
- Help Neighborhood Outdoor Cats.
- Give Your Pets Plenty of Water.
- Be Careful With Cats, Wildlife and Cars.
- Protect Paws From Salt.