What precautions one should take during a thunderstorm and earthquake?
If you are outside, stay away from buildings, trees, and power lines. Stay close to the ground. If you are at home, sit under a strong table or bed. Stay away from objects that may fall in case the tremors increase.
What precautions will you take during thunderstorm Class 8?
Never stand under tall trees and tall buildings. Avoid bathing during thunderstorms to avoid contact running water which can conduct electric charges. Avoid contact with metal wires, telephone cords, electrical wires since these can conduct the charges.
What precautions should be taken before during and after a thunderstorm?
- Make a plan of action and ensure all family members know the plan. …
- Assemble an emergency kit.
- Get rid of dead and rotting trees that could fall and injure someone or cause property damage.
- Secure outdoor objects and doors.
- Close the blinds, shades, or curtains.
- Unplug electronic equipment and appliances.
What should you do during thunderstorm?
Stay Safe During Thunderstorms & Lightning
- When thunder roars, go indoors! Move from outdoors into a building or car with a roof.
- Pay attention to alerts and warnings.
- Avoid using electronic devices connected to an electrical outlet.
- Avoid running water.
- Turn Around. Don’t Drown! Do not drive through flooded roadways.
What safety precautions should be taken during a storm and lightning Class 7?
As an individual, when cyclone or a tornado strikes, take shelter under tables, bow down and protect head and neck using arms. Keep away from water in cyclone-hit areas as the water might be contaminated. Stay inside houses. Should not ignore warnings from meteorological department.
What safety measures should be taken during lightning and thunderstorm Class 7?
Safety Measures During the Calamity
One must avoid open areas and stay away from isolated trees, towers, or electrical poles as lightning tends to strike the tallest object in an area. One must stay away from conductors such as fences and wires. These objects act as a conductor to the lightning to distant areas.
Do and don’ts during thunderstorm?
Stay away from windows and doors, and stay off porches. Do not lie on concrete floors and do not lean against concrete walls. Avoid natural lightning rods such as a tall, isolated tree in an open area. Avoid hilltops, open fields, the beach or a boat on the water.
What precautions would you take if lightning occurs while you are outside the house?
If you are outside, seek refuge in a car or grounded building when lightning or thunder begins. If you are caught outside away from a building or car, stay clear of water bodies and tall objects like trees. Find a low spot or depression and crouch down as low as possible, but don’t lie down on the ground.