What safety measures should be taken during a cyclone?
Below are NDMA’s recommended safety measures:
- Ignore rumours, Stay calm, Don’t panic.
- Keep your mobile phones charged for emergency communication; use SMS.
- Listen to the radio, watch TV, read newspapers for weather updates.
- Keep cattle/animals untied to ensure their safety.
What precautions should be taken before and during a cyclone?
What to do During a Cyclone?
- Listen to the radio or TV for information.
- Secure your home.
- Turn off utilities if instructed to do so.
- Move to the evacuation center if it is safe to move.
- If you are unable to evacuate, go to your safe room.
- Stay indoors during the hurricane and away from windows and glass doors.
Which effective safety measures will you take during cyclone Class 7?
As an individual, when cyclone or a tornado strikes, take shelter under tables, bow down and protect head and neck using arms. Keep away from water in cyclone-hit areas as the water might be contaminated. Stay inside houses. Should not ignore warnings from meteorological department.
What should you not do during a cyclone?
Keep away from the disaster-hit areas unless you are required to aid and assist. Watch out for broken electric poles, wires and other sharp objects. Any loose and dangling wires from the lamp post should be strictly avoided, as they may have electric current. Avoid driving immediately after the cyclone has passed.
How can you protect yourself from a cyclone?
Before evacuating to safer places, turn off the power, gas supply. Follow the orders issued by the government. When the cyclone hits, disconnect all electrical appliances. Stay indoors, preferably in the strongest part of your house.
How can we prepare for cyclone?
During cyclone, people are advised to keep windows and doors of their house shut and switch off electrical mains and gas supply, it said. “If your house is unsafe, leave early before the onset of a cyclone,” the NDMA said. The National Disaster Management Authority also advised people to drink boiled/chlorinated water.
What safety precautions should be taken during storm and lightning Class 7?
Following are precautions one must take in case a storm is accompanied by lightning. i) Do not take shelter under a tree. ii) Do not take shelter under an umbrella with a metallic end. iii) Do not take shelter in open garages, storage sheds, etc.