How can we help hurricane victims in Nicaragua?
ANF’s Hurricane Relief Fund is distributing emergency aid, including first aid kids, food, water filters and agricultural support to Nicaraguans who lost their livelihoods in the aftermath of the hurricanes. Donate here.
How can I help Nicaragua and Honduras?
How to help as need for emergency relief grows in Nicaragua, Honduras
- Food for the Poor at 6401 Lyons Rd., in Coconut Creek. For more information, call 954-427-2222.
- GEM warehouse at 1148 NW 72 St., in Miami. For more information, call 1-800-995-7604.
- Amor Y Fuerza Honduras at 1520 NW 79 Ave., in Doral.
How do you deal with a hurricane aftermath?
Stay Safe After a Hurricane or Other Tropical Storm
- Stay out of floodwater.
- Never use a wet electrical device.
- If the power is out, use flashlights instead of candles.
- Prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Be careful near damaged buildings.
- Stay away from power lines.
- Protect yourself from animals and pests.
How can we help victims of ETA and iota?
Help Victims of Hurricanes Eta and Iota
- Tarps and tents.
- Sleeping bags.
- Sleeping mats and cots.
- Mosquito nets.
- Mosquito repellant and mosquito afterbite.
- Solar lanterns.
- Flashlights and batteries.
- MREs (with expiration beyond May 2021)
Who helps after hurricanes?
When a hurricane or tropical storm strikes, your donation helps the Red Cross provide shelter, food and comfort to families. When a hurricane or tropical storm strikes, your donation helps the Red Cross provide shelter, food and comfort to families.
How can I volunteer after natural disasters?
Register with a National VOAD member to volunteer. Get trained. Close to home, your local United Way, Red Cross or Salvation Army are good places to learn how disaster response is addressed in your community. All offer trainings throughout the year to tap and strengthen the skills of local volunteers.
How can we help hurricane victims in Central America?
Please make a donation to the relief agencies helping in the rescue operation.
Make a Donation
- American Red Cross. Providing disaster response assistance in El Salvador and Guatemala.
- AmeriCares. …
- Catholic Relief Services. …
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. …
- International Relief Teams.
How can I send help to Honduras?
Funds can be sent one of three ways.
- Call Western Union’s Quick Collect© service at 1-800-634-3422.
- Log onto the Western Union website.
- Visit a Western Union agent location. In most cases, funds sent via Western Union arrive at OCS within 30 minutes.
What does Honduras need after Hurricane?
MEXICO CITY, April 9 (Reuters) – Honduras said on Friday it wants to use U.S. aid aimed at reducing migratory pressures in Central America to help rebuild areas battered by hurricanes last year, as officials from the two countries met in Washington.