What are the 5 stages of hurricane development?
What are the 5 stages of a hurricane?
- Tropical Disturbance. A tropical disturbance is this formation of loosely packed rain clouds forming thunderstorms.
- Tropical Depression. A tropical disturbance requires specific criteria to take the next step to become a tropical depression.
- Tropical Storm.
What are the 7 categories of hurricanes?
Types Of Hurricanes
- Tropical Storm. Winds 39-73 mph.
- Category 1 Hurricane. winds 74-95 mph (64-82 kt) …
- Category 2 Hurricane. winds 96-110 mph (83-95 kt) …
- Category 3 Hurricane. winds 111-130 mph (96-113 kt) …
- Category 4 Hurricane. winds 131-155 mph (114-135 kt) …
- Category 5 Hurricane. winds 156 mph and up (135+ kt)
Where do hurricanes first start?
Hurricanes begin as tropical storms over the warm moist waters of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans near the equator. (Near the Phillippines and the China Sea, hurricanes are called typhoons.) As the moisture evaporates it rises until enormous amounts of heated moist air are twisted high in the atmosphere.
What is a Category 1 storm?
Category 1 storms usually cause no significant structural damage to most well-constructed permanent structures; however, they can topple unanchored mobile homes, as well as uproot or snap weak trees. Poorly attached roof shingles or tiles can blow off.
Where do hurricanes hit the most in the world?
While natural disasters always leave devastation in their paths, the recovery is always harder for the world’s poor. The countries with the most hurricanes are, in increasing order, Cuba, Madagascar, Vietnam, Taiwan, Australia, the U.S., Mexico, Japan, the Philippines and China.